[CQ-Contest] WAEDC CW: only for Extra class USA

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WAEDC CW: only for Extra class USA
From: "James Cain" <jamesdavidcain@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 04:11:17 -0400
This is very ugly but in no way is a precedent. Just a terrible error. CW has
always been the mode with no restrictions on frequency. CW contesters are
pretty vigilant about avoiding interfering with others, fellow contesters and
non-contesters alike. And we are the ones who bothered not only to learn the
code but to become proficient at it. We deserve better than this. We demand
better than this.

I see the hand of the no-code digital mode dunderheads at work in this DARC
restriction. And when the cries of protest arise, the DARC throws us a bone --
a whole 5 more kilohertz (7025-7030). They must do a lot better than that, like
remove the restriction entirely.

It's one thing to obey the laws of one's government. It's something else
entirely to acquiesce to a recommendation by an interest group.

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
New Jersey, USA