Re: [CQ-Contest] anti-contest petition MMSN

To: Bill Haddon <haddon.bill@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] anti-contest petition MMSN
From: Idle-Tyme <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 09:05:04 -0600
I don't want to belittle what these people do,  But I went to the
suggested page, and started reading some of the stories, and eventually
stopped because it was becoming clear that yes the nets did help people
feel safer and let friends and family feel better knowing that their
friends and family are Ok,  but as far as life and death situations as
they are saying they are accomplishing, is far from as often as they
say. Matter of fact of all the stories I did read none of them were life
and death situations. The only one that I did find was the one with the
gunshot and the pirates.

In addition, the list is 17 incidents over a decade of time!  That's
it!  They want a clear freq 24/7, for the passing of information that
happened only 17 times in a decade? And at least all of the stories that
I read none were life threatening? If you added the time of the actual
operations of all 17 incidents together,  what percentage of time is
used in a decade?  I think my zero key would wear out before getting
enough zeros on that number!

In addition,  think about percentages again,  Contesting,  what
percentage of time is it actually happening that causes interference a
year.?  Say there are what  6 MAJOR  contests a year.  And they are all
48 hour contests, (which many are not)  but worst case say they are.  so
six times 48 hours is, 288 hours.

A year has 8760 hours in it.  So the nets want exclusive use of that
freq for 8760 hours a year,  yet we want to possibly interfere with it
for a max of 288 hours,  that's only,  between 3 and 4 percent of the time!

Give me a break!

Joe WB9SBD

*The Original Rolling Ball Clock
http://www.idle-tyme.com*