Re: [CQ-Contest] anti-contest petition MMSN

To: "Idle-Tyme" <nss@mwt.net>, "Bill Haddon" <haddon.bill@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] anti-contest petition MMSN
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 14:11:28 -0600
If the work of the MMSN is so important, why can't IARU grant it a frequency
just outside the ham bands? (Like MARS.)

If the work of the MMSN is so life-and-death, why would they even want to
RISK having their precious frequency be occupied? Wouldn't a dedicated MMSN
frequency, just outside the ham bands, be best for ALL concerned?

Or, like Chip says, why would they even want to be in the highest-use part
of the band anyway? What's wrong with giving them 14.120? There's hardly any
congestion there at the best of times.

73, kelly
ve4xt