Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC 24 hours M/M

To: "cq-contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>, KL7RA <kl7ra@ptialaska.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC 24 hours M/M
From: Igor Booklan SRR <ra3auu@srr.ru>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 01:34:02 +0400
>>I would say that if organizers of Russian DX Contest include a M/M category
>>in RDXC it will very soon get same prestige as WPX and ARRL.

K> I host Multi-op and would jump for joy for a 24 hour M/M format and a contest
K> between ARRL Phone and  WPX phone but the RDXC penalty rules doesn't
K> work for me.

K> "QSO not counted,   other station incorrectly logged entrant's exchange
number"

K> I have no control over what is logged by the other oper. The discussion on
this
K> rule and the RDXC rules in general isn't necessary here as the final order
of finish
K> will be the same with or without this rule, that is; everyone treated
equally unfair,
K> but you have to draw the line somewhere and this is mine.

K> One nice feature for contesters is we all pick and chose contests to operate
and we
K> vote for the best contests by the activity it generates.

K> 73 Rich KL7RA

Rich,

This is a unique feature of RDXC which none of the contests have. RDXC
is the contest of 2 way QSO with complete serial numbers and Russian
oblast's IDs.

This feature makes you think how fast you transmitt and what you
transmitt. Many people who just run high speed CW or high rates SSB
have to be worn that if the station on other side fails in receiving
correct ID or serial number they would lose points and get penalties.
That's why many clever people asking for serial number again or saying
received serial numbers as confirmation.

With this contest you learn how good you are!

It's of course your choice if you want to participate or not. Many
have already said YES.

73, Harry RA3AUU
One of RDXCs