Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Field Day

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Field Day
From: "Mike N0HI" <mike@n0hi.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 10:38:39 -0400
Last year at W1NY I had a second computer connected to my node back at
home.  It was on the second screen, so it didn't interface with the
logging program but was helpful once in a while for a "rare" section
(after all, everyone wants to work all the sections -- even if it isn't a
"real contest").

Yes, there are a good number of spots, including a bunch from DX just
looking to work sections, states, etc.

Not to mention the coolness factor.  Lots of local hams didn't know much
about the cluster, and assumed they needed stacks of old-time packet gear
to use it.  They were fascinated by telnet.

--
Mike DeChristopher, N0HI
http://www.n0hi.net