[CQ-Contest] ARRL Field Day

To: CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Field Day
From: jpescatore@aol.com
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 06:36:23 -0400
If you are introducing potential contesters to contesting via Field Day, I
think it is much better to get them running stations, vs. using spotting - they
will be much better off getting comfortable with running, since that is often a
real big obstacle to non-contesters.

If you introducing new hams to ham operating in general via Field Day, I think
it would be much, much better to have them turn a dial, recognize calls
themselves, vs. at an early stage in their operating start out being "click and
shooters."

For introducing contesters to spot-assisted computer logging, or for contesters
looking to maximize FD contacts, sure - but for newbies, FD should really be
about improving basic operating skills.

John K3TN