Re: [CQ-Contest] TB-wires WPX category

To: "'Oleg Skydan'" <sov1178@rambler.ru>, "'Robert Chudek - K0RC'" <k0rc@citlink.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] TB-wires WPX category
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 08:36:41 -0000
Yes, you are correct.

The goal of the overlay category is to provide a competition for a very
"common" class of station. As we can see from the reflector messages there
are always people looking to seek the limits of the wording of the rules.
The WPX is alone in trying to define this type of overlay category so I am
not surprised there are so many questions about what the words in the rules
mean.  I will always try to provide a fair decision based on the rules for
any antenna configuration that I am asked about.

Randy, K5ZD