Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC updated FAQ - Remote operation

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC updated FAQ - Remote operation
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 07:34:58 -0600
A club I was in once used remote logging from a remote site for
Sweepstakes. We were actually at the site operating but the logging
was done via landline modem to a DEC-10 computer twelve miles away.
This was around 1974 or 1975.

The site was owned by the University of Illinois and I guess the phone
charges for that operation were rather expensive. It was considered a
toll call.

Oh well, the contest was fun.

73, Zack W9SZ