[CQ-Contest] Leveling the Playing Field

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Leveling the Playing Field
From: "James Cain" <jamesdavidcain@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 07:13:19 -0500
I think trying distance-based scoring in the ARRL DX Contest might be really
fun, presuming that it would be used to assign points to each contact according
to Great Circle distance and retaining the DXCC "Countries" List as
multipliers. Please read carefully -- I said "trying." It would definitely give
me more reason to participate again next year and probably to spend more time
in the contest.

I've been doing DX contests for 48 years, from Connecticut, Indiana, Wisconsin,
New Jersey, Mississippi, and from several Caribbean spots.

I vote YES. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
7 miles east of Mountain, Wisconsin