Re: [CQ-Contest] Multi-op rule change in CQWW

To: Jimk8mr@aol.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Multi-op rule change in CQWW
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 00:00:46 -0400
Jim,

Sounds reasonable.  (I do think that eventually technology will move us to
where SO can run two freq's (maybe a "skimmer" copying on each channel).
Would it be immoral then?  Or would we not care, because the nature of
"operating" would have changed so much?)

So, shall I start building your Keep-the-Freq inverted CW box?  Or do you
need one for each of four stations in SS?  :>)

(My real gripe is the guys who are running two freq's in SS CW; or sending
dummy CQs to keep one freq openwhile they copy a report onthe other freq.  I
get set to call them, and they disappear; or it's clear that they are not
listening for answers on the freq where I hear their CQ.  Maybe in 'tests
with a shorter exchange it's not a problem.  Or if I could have consistent
success with CQs instead of having to S&P so much in SS CW, I would not
notice.)

73, Art K3KU