Re: [CQ-Contest] How blatant can you get?

To: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How blatant can you get?
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 02:07:06 +0600
Tom,
I fully agree that prevention of excessively wide signals rather then power
control is the way to go.
What I would argue with is that proving it would be easy. My noise level
jumps by 5 S units across the entire band whenever my neighbor pushes PTT
just because of the wide band noise his equipment radiates. But someone 1000
miles away says that my neighbor's signal does not occupy more bandwidth
then it should.

73, Igor UA9CDC