Re: [CQ-Contest] BOGUS QSO RATES!

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] BOGUS QSO RATES!
From: Jeff Steinman <n5tj@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 17:48:58 -0600

> K5TR wrote:

> Correct - me too - but not every time.

Interesting topic and angles. I can confirm that I *do not* send my call after
each QSO during big hours. When working as many as 8-10 people in a minute on
SSB there's no time/reason to sign each QSO. Probably once or twice each minute
and as George wrote the trick is to do it in flow. Of those few big hours I
have had don't recall getting a lot of requests for my call. Probably more
requests to "slow down" as just speaking so fast. I'd speak faster if I could!

IMHO a more important topic around high rates/good operating is that I will
CONFIRM each QSO and/or correct your call if needed. It might be "TR, thanks"
if a correction. And if I have it ok a simple as "thanks" or "VP2E" if it's
time to give my call. But it will always be something to let you know you're in
the log, and let the pileup know it's time to call.

73,
Jeff N5TJ