Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL-DX SSB (CQ WPX) : How were condx ?

To: "Yannick \(XV4Y\)" <yannick.devos@online.fr>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL-DX SSB (CQ WPX) : How were condx ?
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 12:16:09 -0400
I have two (temporary) conclusions from this :
- On the morning perhaps the path is not fully SP or LP and usually NA
stations are bearing to JA, not me, making things harder to understand.
- Around 1 meter under my antenna I have a roof which frame is in metal.
Length is around 10m... If heading 330°the main dimension is parallel to the
antenna. Heading 015° perhaps the frame act as a parasitic element and
modify the radiation pattern...>>>>>>

Sounds like either one of your thoughts, or perhaps both of your thoughts,
are reasonable conclusions.