Re: [CQ-Contest] contest clubs and boundaries

To: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] contest clubs and boundaries
From: Doug Smith <dougw9wi@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 19:35:02 -0600
Michael Adams wrote:
On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Doug Smith <dougw9wi@gmail.com> wrote:

Radio K0HB wrote:

Both of those "skinny" states have ham populations that are the envy of us
"fat state guys here in Minnesota Wireless Association.  But we manage to
compete with what we have.

While the people population of Tennessee is (only) 20% larger than that of
Minnesota, the ham population is 45% larger.  I doubt TCG will be
interested in apologizing for that fact :)

If it weren't for one thing, I'd make a comment about TCG surely having a
desire to be able to welcome any Tennessee-based contester to submit a
score for the club.

However, having grown up in Memphis, I'm quite aware that folks in/around
Nashville think that Memphis and much of West Tennessee really belong to
Arkansas or Mississippi. :)

(Grin!), although I've lived in the state long enough (22 years) to know
there's unfortunately some truth to that statement!

But seriously, it's because of the Memphis situation that we lobbied for the change to allow all ops in the same section to compete regardless of distance. You can't draw a circle that takes in both Memphis *and* Knoxville.

--

Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66