Re: [CQ-Contest] SEA DX perspective

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SEA DX perspective
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 08:53:28 -0800
Wow - must be bad.

I just wonder how K3ZO made all those big scores from HS.  73
Tom W7WHY

You think the ARRL DX contests are boring... then do not operate them from
HS because the typical openings to NA are a little over an hour at local
sunrise and local sunset.  You may see that is about 5-6 hrs of contest
operating total, Day One.  Add to that the fact that all bands are jammed,
mostly with signals I can not hear even at the peak of the openings;  I can
not get a run going because I am very likely to be on top of a NA station
that I can not hear but who will block my signal entry to NA.