Re: [CQ-Contest] [YCCC] Why ARRL SSB Contest is Not My Favorite

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [YCCC] Why ARRL SSB Contest is Not My Favorite
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 20:31:14 -0700
If you like to run rate then go to the Caribbean or Central America and have a blast! Three years I was at V47 land and all I can say is what a blast! 10m near the bottom of the cycle open to the US would put the rate meter well over 350 contacts per hour. I don't think we got over the 400 mark and this was before affordable laptops and decent logging software, ie the 80's.

CQ WW CW was great fun from J6M but it is a different animal with zone and way more mults to chase around.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. I am not hearing any complaints from the Western US.

Mike W0MU