[CQ-Contest] Remote contest operation

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Remote contest operation
From: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 17:42:34 -0600
I tried some remote operation in the 10m contest using a TS480 and Remoterig. The radio control worked fine, but we had lots of problems with dropped dits, timing problems, etc. on CW, presumably due to dropped packets and/or latency issues. I don't know if it's my particular network or a common problem, but I've heard others using Comcast as an ISP having similar issues.

I wonder if anyone has had success using some other remote system for CW contesting.

Tnx,
Barry W2UP