Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contest operation

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, w2up@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contest operation
From: "C. \"Fred\" Johnson" <fredwt2p@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 00:16:17 -0500
One approach you could try if you're on a restrictive ISP such as comcast is getting a VPS (I use linode and openvpn to route all traffic from home to the tunnel and then out to the net).. Comcast only sees encrypted traffic (thus they think you're on a work VPN) to your VPS... Works well.. Upgraded speeds will help if your ISP is employing any kind of packet inspection or throttling. I just finally got the kinks worked out here...

73,
WT2P