Re: [CQ-Contest] Preview Draft of 2013 CQ WW Contest Rules

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Preview Draft of 2013 CQ WW Contest Rules
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 16:11:01 -0500
I can't resist...  :-)

III. CONTEST EXCHANGE: report plus zone.

What zone? My heating zone, building zone, CQ zone, ITU zone... ? The rule "assumes" the new contester knows what zone you are talking about. When you change the wording to identify the exchange is the CQ zone, their next question will be "What's that? I have no idea what my CQ zone is!". So a link to a CQ Zone map would be helpful here.

Yes, I know this is nit-pick. But I've got 50 years under my belt whereas a new contester might have only 5 days.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN