Re: [CQ-Contest] Busted Reversed Beacon Network spots

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Busted Reversed Beacon Network spots
From: "Peter Voelpel" <dj7ww@t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 18:28:11 +0200
All SDRs have good results with narrow spaced dynamic range, but that is
meaningless.

ON5KQ is also using the QSR1 with his skimmer.
It is totally useless without massive front end attenuation from the late
afternoon on.
It hears nothing then intermodulation and broadcast in the ham bands,
especially on 15m and 17m, without it.
At present he is working extensively on filters to get rid of that.

73
Peter