Re: [CQ-Contest] Busted Reversed Beacon Network spots

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, s56a@bit.si
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Busted Reversed Beacon Network spots
From: Brett Graham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 09:46:09 +0000
S56A suggested:

Brett, 3,8426% can hardly be rounded to shy 3,9 %! Wrong band spots are mere 0,5 %.

As I had said:

The total of bogus-frequency spots were just shy of 3.9% of the total of the data set as described - nearly twice the high end of the range I had first suggested I thought it might be.

(5962 same-band-wrong-freq spots + 885 wrong-band spots) / 175584 spots total = 3.89955% bogus-frequency spots.

The spurious responses of SDRs also appear in their recordings, so root issue has potential to touch those who have nothing to do with RBN during contests - especially if claim this is all to do with fecal signals gets any traction.

-ex-VR2BG/p.