Re: [CQ-Contest] Size of Dual Monitors

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Size of Dual Monitors
From: W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 15:00:23 -0600
Decent video cards with dual DVI support are quite common. There is no reason to skimp here especially if you are doing other graphically intense thing with the computer, like gaming or drafting etc. Both AMD and NVIDIA have good chip sets pros and cons both ways.

24 inch monitors are not that expensive any more and 27's are coming down. I used a 37 inch Vizio monitor for a long time on my desk and you can open lots of windows and still have lots of free space.

I am not convinced you really need dual monitors anymore. When I was dual monitors one was dedicated to a gray line map. N1MM on the other and nothing else to distract from contesting.

Mike W0MU