Re: [CQ-Contest] Handicap For Dirty Rigs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Handicap For Dirty Rigs
From: "Yan (XV4Y)" <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 16:05:57 +0700
Hi,

Yes, comparing against one rig is difficult, and we are lucky the top rig in
the list is rather affordable.
What would it be if the Hilberling PT-8000A was blowing everything else.
One the other hand, a truly faire rule is rather complex to elaborate, and we
have to keep in consideration what is economically and technically feasible at
the given time.
I'm thinking of something in the same vein as (don't take the actual numbers in
consideration) :
"Generated side noise no 20dB worst at 5KHz from the carrier than the 5 best
transceivers costing no more than 3 times the monthly minimum wage".

That said, as you stated, the test equipment and measuring conditions are very
important to give a meaning to the numbers...

73,
Yan.
---
Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y