Re: [CQ-Contest] 1980s checks in SS/SSB.

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 1980s checks in SS/SSB.
From: Robert Chudek <Robert.Chudek@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 12:37:28 -0600
My personal preference is not using any of these "crutches" for contesting. This puts me in the "active decoding" state while logging QSOs, where a mistake (bust) is fully attributable to my skill. It is too easy to fall into false sense of security of a "Check this and while you're at it, check that" database fever and not even pay attention to what the program puts into the RX field.

But that's just my style, I guess.  I love CW!

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN