Re: [CQ-Contest] QRP

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QRP
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 08:11:17 -0700

I very much agree too. I NEVER sign /qrp in a contest, it wastes time, and when
everyone is using cut numbers
to save time, sending /qrp is a real loser. Everyone can imagine how much
extra/wasted strain on ears it is, to try
to copy the extra 4 characters. AND.. I enjoy the imagined surprise of the
other op, when they find out I was qrp.. or
qrpp, (less than 1 w) even tho that surprise is very very seldom expressed
directly to me.
  One last thought... the /qrp does NOT in any way or fashion improve a score.
Nor does it entice a QRO op to try
harder, quite the opposite, and that... is why I don't use it. Not even in
casual QSOs!!
  Check the scores... minimal time spent, minimal power used, maximum fun at
the radio!!! === QRP !

Have a great day,

Dale - WC7S in Wy