Re: [CQ-Contest] Clarification from DL1MGB

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Clarification from DL1MGB
From: Gediminas Lučinskas <LY3BA@takas.lt>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 20:10:26 +0200
Great!
Thanks. Gedas LY9A

-----Original Message-----
From: CQ-Contest [mailto:cq-contest-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of
Christian Janssen DL1MGB
Sent: 2014 m. gruodžio 18 d. 16:29
To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Clarification from DL1MGB

Hello,

after reviewing the discussions and the criticism we received from
contesters worldwide, we had an internal discussion and decided the
following changes.

We will split the Single Operator categories into Unassisted and Assisted.
Unassisted Single Operators will still have a weighting factor of 1.0.
Assisted Single Operators weighting factor will be changed to 0.9. The
reduced weighting factor accomodates the fact that there will be no assisted
operation during the WRTC competition in 2018.

All other rules stay unchanged and are final. Please understand that further
changes of the qualifying rules would have a deep impact on the balance of
the rules requiring the re-design of the entire rule system from scratch.

The latest version of the qualifying rules can be downloaded at
http://www.wrtc2018.de.

Good luck to all qualifiers! Nearly two months to go!

73s Chris DL1MGB
President WRTC2018 Organizing Committee