Re: [CQ-Contest] Preview of CQWW Rules 2015

To: "'Ron Notarius W3WN'" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>, <k5zd@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Preview of CQWW Rules 2015
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 12:02:58 -0700
>From the rule:
"Failure to do so may result in the entry being disqualified."

The recording is only critical if (1) you're asked for it, and (2) you don't
want to risk your entry being DQ'd.

Ed W0YK

Ron W3WN asked:

Randy,

Most of the proposed changes make sense.

However... let me ask this...

With regards to "The Observer Program adds the ability for the Committee to
request audio recordings of an operation", out of idle curiousity, what
happens if a station is asked to provide audio recordings but does not have
them?
There may be a technical failure that causes the loss of some or all of a
recording; it happens, as we all know. Or, we could have a station that
simply didn't make a recording, for any of a number of reasons.

I understand that the intent, clearly, is to let the Committee use the
station's audio recording(s) to verify potentially questionable contacts,
and I don't have a problem with that.  It wouid simply be nice to know how
critical this is.

73, ron w3wn