Re: [CQ-Contest] Future of Paper Certificates

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Future of Paper Certificates
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 10:01:02 -0700
On Mon,8/31/2015 6:45 AM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
Sending magazine issues out months late or sometimes not at all probably
has not helped with their circulation totals.

Sending magazine issues out months late or sometimes not at all is a SYMPTOM of financial problems. So is turnover of long time staff. CQ has been struggling for a while. They have been very supportive of the contesting and DX community for as long as I can remember. And yes, the work for administering those contests and awards are largely done by volunteers. What other ham MAGAZINE sponsors major contests and DX awards? Who among us would hit a man when he is down? For my part, I'm keeping my subscription renewed.

As to a failure to embrace the internet -- CQ has published a digital edition for a while.

73, Jim K9YC