[CQ-Contest] Reducing Pain in Ears and Bum while Contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Reducing Pain in Ears and Bum while Contesting
From: Randall K Martin <rkmassoc@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 08:02:10 -0700
A modification I use with the CM500 headphones is to make two loops of rg8x that are slightly shorter in length than the circumference of the plastic ear frames. I tape the ends together with electrical tape, but heat shrink would probably work better. Or, you might come up with a more suitable material for the loop.

Insert the loop between the frame and the pad. This gives an extra quarter inch or so of space inside. My ears stick out enough so that the standard CM500 puts pressure on my ear cartilage which eventually leads to a lot of pain. I don't notice much increase in outside noise, if any, with the added insert.

73 Randy K0EU