Re: [CQ-Contest] Kill 0,1,2,3 and go for just 3 points

To: Rudy Bakalov <r_bakalov@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Kill 0,1,2,3 and go for just 3 points
From: Shelby Summerville <k4ww@twc.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 17:55:32 -0400
Rudy, with all due respect, IMHO making the exchange more difficult only
discourages the "casual" participants, especially those that will send in a log?
Those that don't send in their log, couldn't care less. Case in point: My CW is
mediocre, at best, but I still get on during SSCW, just to give out some
points. I know what I should be sending, as the exchange, but couldn't care
less what they send to me, as I have no intention of submitting a log.

C'ya, Shelby

As I don't have an iPhone, nor an iPad, sent from my PC

---- Rudy Bakalov via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com> wrote:
> While the focus so far has been on scoring, let's not forget about the
> current exchange, which requires zero skills. I'd like to propose an
> alternative so that ops actually pay attention to what's being sent. Some
> examples include the following:
1) Serial number2) Serial number plus the serial number of the previous QSO3)
Grid locator plus the grid locator of the previous QSO
The exchange should be something that cannot be pre-populated in a history file.

Rudy N2WQ