Re: [CQ-Contest] Coax Stubs for SO2R

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Coax Stubs for SO2R
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 08:52:57 -0700
On Sat,7/23/2016 7:39 AM, Jeff AC0C wrote:
All of these topics are covered in W2VJN's excellent book "Managing Interstation Interference."

Yes and no. In that book, George has not considered the location of stubs for optimum performance, and when he did consider it in a piece in NCJ a couple of years ago, it was poorly done (that is, technically lacking). That's why I wrote my piece on the subject for NCJ about a year ago.

http://k9yc.com/LocatingStubs.pdf

While my piece specifically addresses in detail stubs for suppression of second harmonic, the concepts apply to the location of all stubs for harmonic suppression.

73, Jim K9YC