Re: [CQ-Contest] How to make WRTC more like the Olympics?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How to make WRTC more like the Olympics?
From: VE2TZT <ve2tzt@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 17:19:46 -0400
Why wasting two years with qualification contests when everything is already played since the beginning with some huge geographical advantages plus station setups ?

A simple form describing the station geographical position and eventually the station setup should be enough to determine who is qualified in a given area.

That way, the cheaters could not be tempted to cheat to compensate those disadvantages...

Provocative ? yes but the whole process is not well thought out and tempting to improve it by upgrading LP to 100% had just increased the cheating.

The only way should be like LU5DX suggests some local mini-WRTC like qualifications.

Gilles VA2EW.