Re: [CQ-Contest] How to make WRTC more like the Olympics?

To: "'Mike Smith VE9AA'" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How to make WRTC more like the Olympics?
From: VK4TS Trent Sampson <vk4ts@outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 07:38:12 +1000
How do you then make it a level playing field ?

The problem is the playing field cannot ever be level - location,
propagation, equipment, pocket depth

 are all anomalies.

Regional championships would be one way forward - why should a dxpedition to
a rare location be able to be used to add points against other stations who
competed in say W9 ?

Maybe like the Olympics what is needed is that the qualifier is put forward
by the IARU representative body under their own criteria.

It is a very tough course to travel but overall the organisers seem to put
it together each time and the attendees have fun.

Wonder if by the time we get to 2022 that the organisers decide to have RTTY
as one of the modes ?

Trent VK4TS

Po Box 275 Mooloolaba QLD 4557
Mobile 0408497550