Re: [CQ-Contest] signing TEST at the end...not so bad

To: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] signing TEST at the end...not so bad
From: brian coyne via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 21:12:12 +0000 (UTC)
>>> I don't think signing TEST at the end is such a big problem.

Is it really any kind of problem?

In relation to CW tests, which appears to be what is being discussed here, we
are looking at fractions of one second. It is fair to say that most contesters
send their cq's at 35wpm - given that is based upon 5 characters per word that
is 175 characters per minute, almost 3 characters per second including the gap
between the end of the call and the word 'TEST. A total delay of no more than
one third of a second!

If the only complaint we had to make about cw contesting is the suffixing of
the word 'Test' there would be a collective vast amount of high blood pressure
saved by contesters during events when we compare with real problems such as
non-ider's.
One third of a second is fine by me to determine that the sender is ready to
take respondents, jumping the gun by anticipation will waste more time in many
cases by a request for repeats.
73  Brian 5B4AIZ / C4Z.