Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Revised Rules

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Revised Rules
From: ".. VE5ZX" <ve5zx@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 15:39:12 +0000
Personally I can't wait until the old guard who wants contesting to
remain pure like the old days and avoid incorporating new technologies
and processes in contests with bizarre rule changes is replaced with a
younger more inquisitive generations of contesters.

Hopefully, a younger generation will eventually  have control and start
to transform the nature of amateur radio contests. I won't be surprised
to see the introduction of a completely automated category.

Having seen the change from hand keys to keyers, individual transmitters
and receivers to transceivers and paper logs to logging programs and I
am always puzzled by those people that want to "stop the world and get
off here" when there are so new exciting possibilities that could
encouraged. I hope I live long enough to see how the next generation
changes the shape and scope of contesting to embrace rather discourage
the development and use of new technologies.

Now I will crawl back into my hole before the guns start blazing

Syl - VE5ZX