Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Revised Rules

To: Mike Smith VE9AA <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Revised Rules
From: Jim Stahl via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 22:02:44 -0500
Mike,

An SOA in NAQP would not affect things all that much. Unlike SS, there are
essentially an unlimited number of multipliers in NAQP, and therefore a “clean
sweep” is not a relevant concept. Finding Ohio on 10 meters counts as much as
finding VY1AAA somewhere.

Also, in NAQP as many or more multipliers can be found by moving stations from
another band, than by chasing cluster spots.

As I mentioned earlier, I’d be more concerned that a station doing M2 would not
be able to QSY for a needed mult because they were stuck wth a 10 minute rule.

73   -  Jim   K8MR