[CQ-Contest] NAQP Revised Rules

To: "'cq-contest@contesting.com'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Revised Rules
From: ac0w@charter.net
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 16:42:56 -0600

        I know this is dangerous being the NAQP SSB Manager and responding
but felt some clarification is needed with the numbers of M-2 stations
listed in the post below.

        While the numbers used are correct for the published data, the
published data does not accurately list every true multi-op operation
in the Multi-two category. For some reason individuals submitting the
logs for multi-ops do not always list all the operators in the log
submission. Some people just forget to do that, some submissions the
participants do not want to be listed and some have unlicensed
individuals who are unsure about typing a name in the operators field.
Whatever the reason there are many more multi-ops in the Multi-two
category.

        Looking at one SSB contest it appears the numbers of multi-op
stations to single-op assisted in the Multi-two category is closer to
60% / 40%, with 60% being the multi-operator stations.

        Currently the majority of feedback I receive is people like the rules
as is and to not change. It may change in the future at which time we
will need to consider changes.

        On a personal note, I personally like the differences between the
different contest I participate in. Each one has something different
that means I need to do something different in my operating or
strategy. It keeps it fun for me.

        Bill

        AC0W

        NAQP SSB Manager