Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Revised Rules

To: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Revised Rules
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 19:00:12 -0700
Actually SO can run SO2R and make as many band changes as they wish. It is only M2 that is hampered by the the 10 minute rule.

M2 is clearly running two radios on different bands with probably two or more ops.

Today M2 could be 6 radios or more They can only be on 2 bands during any 10 minute period. They could have 4 people on 20 looking and working people and 4 more on 15 or 40....just as long as they have one transmitted signal per band. M2 is not very competitive so I doubt anything like this is happening too much.

Packet is not another operator.

Any bets how many SO's are using packet anyway and not submitting under M2? Would they submit under SOA if there was that class? We will never know the answer to either.

W0MU