Re: [CQ-Contest] RECORDING ON FT5000 FT2000 FT950

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RECORDING ON FT5000 FT2000 FT950
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 10:25:49 -0400
Trent,

I don't own any of those radios, but most any radio I have ever had has a
"monitor" function to give you 'feedback in the headphones as to what's
happening on the air"

If these 3 rigs don't, then none of this applies.

.

IE: on SSB or CW you hear your transmitted tones or a low volume feedback of
your voice in your headphones.

At the risk of overstating the obvious, the rules say (in part):

".must record the transmitted and received

audio as heard by the operator for the duration of the contest operation."

Most folks that record (myself included)  just break or tap off, or split
the headphone line.

It can't get much easier than that !

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey