Re: [CQ-Contest] what is required of recevied audio, and whay

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] what is required of recevied audio, and whay
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 10:55:24 -0400
I agree!

It's impossible to have a level playing field when the contest is open to participants worldwide. Too many controllable and uncontrollable factors.

Then there is human nature, cheaters will always exist. Cheating methods also evolve.

There is no way to make rules to account for every possible equalization need. This would be like discovering the 'Theory of Everything'.

Before you ask: what do you propose? I don't know. I see very competent and experienced people here struggling to find a solution, and it has not been found yet.

Maybe we have to accept that it's not possible to fix everything, but work around these difficulties and enjoy the hobby the best we can.

Unless one 'must' be recognized as the best in the world, I think the suggestion that friends, or people with the same ideas, should form sub groups within contests, and compete amongst themselves. While this method would theoretically put an end to cheating within that group of participants, it would still not be a level playing field if the members are spread all over the world.

73 de Vince, VA3VF