Re: [CQ-Contest] Appropriate wait time for contest results?

To: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Appropriate wait time for contest results?
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 22:03:16 -0400
Hi Tom,

You are right, I have never been involved in post log processing.

Change is not easy to implement and/or accept. Not long ago people said that electronic log submission was unfair and/or would discourage participation.

As for the examples you list, they could be handled by pointing the participant to a web interface for log submission. I can't find it now, but there is at least one such web interface doing more or less what I'm suggesting. It would likely have to be augmented/modified/customized, but doable, I think.

It may sound a crazy idea today, but who knows in the future.

Thank you for the work you do with the QSO Party.

73 de Vince, VA3VF