Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Idea

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Idea
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 22:21:46 -0400
Hi Ria,

I don't think we're targeting the Honor Roll bound DXer. The guy that chases DX every day of the week. Wakes up in the middle of the night on a week day, to wait for a particular station to be worked in the 30 seconds propagation window to his QTH.

I would love to chase DX every day of the week, year round, but it's not possible. I would love to be competitive in the CQWW/WPX, but it's not possible in any of the current categories. Needless to say, it's not the fault of any contest, just the scenario I'm in.

The proposed idea would help the little pistol weekend DXer/contester to do more than simply 'participate' in the contest. It values S&P operating as well.

73 de Vince, VA3VF

It might be a good idea but I don't think it would attract DXers.

Personal perspective - DXing is an activity you pursue over a lifetime and
it largely fits in with your family and other time on a daily basis.

I think that most DXers who want to compete on a weekend doing DXing,
already take part in contests.

But I'm willing to give this a try, don't get me wrong!

73
Ria
N2RJ