[CQ-Contest] Contest Idea

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest Idea
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 21:49:12 -0400
Randy, Mark,

I somehow missed Marks's message, and any discussion it generated, until today.

I'm in the target group of this idea, a small time DXer, operating contests just to chase countries/zones/islands.

Instead of creating a new event/competiton - some say there are too many already - make it a category in the CQWW and WPX. Maybe focus on countries in the CQWW, and Zones in the WPX.

Also, since this category would likely attract individual participants, instead of groups, experiment with limited operating times within the 48 hours main contest. There were discussions in the past about a growing number of people not having the stamina to endure the full 48 hours. This gives them an opportunity to still compete in the best contests we have.

73 de Vince, VA3VF

===============================
Hi Mark,

I spent a lot of time thinking about something like this when I was Director
of the CQWW.  I know there are a lot of DXers out there who operate the
contest just to chase countries.  Always wondered if there would be interest
in a "DXer" competition where the winner would have the highest total
countries + zones.  I balked on doing something because it seemed like the
top mults always went to the serious guys who made the most QSOs.  Never
found a good way to put the emphasis more on DX chasing.  Perhaps a combined
total for SSB and CW would help.

Didn't see much discussion on this, but wanted to add some support for the
idea.

Randy, K5ZD