[CQ-Contest] Thoughts on DQs in CQWW

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Thoughts on DQs in CQWW
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 07:21:46 -0400
>From my research of the DQ list, I found the following for some country data
(just grabbed some countries and drilled down).  I counted everyone
participating in a multi and used their home callsign as a national.

11 - Italy (plus II9P team - typically 6 - 10 ops)

5 - US

5 - UK

4 - Ukraine

3 - France

3 - Brazil

3 - Switzerland

2 - Germany

2 - Spain

2 - Russia

2 - Argentina

0 - Japan (noteworthy vs the large number of entrants)

Hardly a conspiracy in my opinion.  Looks like a big dragnet that hopefully
sends a message to everyone that is if you self-spot (or work with a close
friend excessively cheerleading you - whether that's a real person or an
avitar) or use assistance unclaimed - you are going to get caught and DQ'd.

I believe that this information has been building over a few years.  Kudos
to CQ WW CC for having the courage to raise the bar on fair competition.

Ed  N1UR