Re: [CQ-Contest] Thoughts on DQs in CQWW

To: wa5rtg@gmail.com, sawyered@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Thoughts on DQs in CQWW
From: K8MR via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 20:36:31 -0400
 There is some ado in self spotting in SSB, though I agree that friends doing
it is a bit much for a DQ, absent other issues.

Perhaps we need to limit spotting to X spots per hour per station? Whether it
is done by disinterested ops, friends or oneself? Could the network shut off
excess spots for all stations, while letting us in the basket of undesirables
in W8 spot ourselves a few times until we reach our quota, when nobody else
will spot us?

73  - Jim   K8MR

Note: This is largely tongue in cheek, but not totally.