Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex radios

To: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex radios
From: Mike/W5JR <w5jr.lists@att.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 01:31:02 -0400
I believe nearly all multi op stations, whether M/S, M/2 or M/M, are using some
combination of external bandpass filters along to reduce overload along with
stubs to knock down harmonic specific signals. Many have gone to high power
bandpass filters on the output of amplifiers rather than bandpass filters
between the radio and input to an amplifier.

For the past 3 years, we have utilized a pair of 6300's operating
simultaneously in my Yukon as an M/2 Rover during the GA QSO Party. The
screwdriver antennas are only 4 feet apart. Each radio is connected to a
Dunestar D600 providing sufficient filtering to the 6300 such that neither
radio is aware that the other is transmitting. A pair of 6600's will possibly
make the Dunestar's unnecessary. We've already been able to eliminate the
hardware Winkey and the USB relay board that switched the Dunestar by using new
Flex features. 10 straight hours on both Sat & Sun in DXpedition style
conditions.

tnx
Mike / W5JR
Alpharetta GA