Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex radios

To: Steve Bookout <steve@nr4m.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex radios
From: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 12:30:51 +0000
The knobs vs mouse click is an operator thing. I personally found knobbed
radios to be a hindrance. There are some doing remote contesting without
any physical radio near them. N1MM+ does most of my rig control anyway and
you have to be at the point where you're not fiddling with controls
constantly during a contest. I tried the Maestro but went back to SSDR on
the desktop with a flexcontrol because I could click signals on the
panadapter easily rather than tuning a knob and I did not have to shift
eyes off the screen even if I resorted to the flexcontrol.

Ria
N2RJ