Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex radios

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex radios
From: Steve Bookout <steve@nr4m.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 22:18:35 -0400
Bill,

I just SOLD my 6700 and Maestro and have ZERO regrets. I had the combination for 16 months and the rig was only able to finish ONE contest without needing to be replaced in the heat of battle.

I think the hardware is fine, but the software has sooo many issues that, in my opinion, it is NOT ready for prime time. I was on the Alpha team and was working with the latest software, but could never find any version that would be solid enough to work reliably in a contest. Wasn't just one thing, but many different ones. Ask them (Flex) about how it works with N1MM.

K9CT swears by them; I will swear at them.

The best thing about it was the Maestro, which is a must for contesting. Mouse click menus just will not do it for serious contesting. I'm sure that's why they combined the Flex and the rig in the package they now call the 6600.

73 de Steve, NR4M