Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex radios

To: Ria Jairam <rjairam@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex radios
From: Rudy Bakalov via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 07:44:13 -0400
Don't forget that in a well designed station- including the radio- the only
interface that matters is the logger.  During a contest I rarely even glance at
the radio and if adjustments are needed I can perform them while still looking
at the logger, often with my left hand (non-dominant). So anything that
requires a mouse or touch interface falls short in the heat of the battle.

For example, as much as I love my Icom 7300, I find it a bit cumbersome when
changing filters as I have to look at the screen. This is the main reason I
will replace the 7300 with a 7610 when available.

Rudy N2WQ

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate
autocorrect.