Re: [CQ-Contest] So Sunday Sucked?

To: k9yc@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] So Sunday Sucked?
From: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 13:00:36 -0600
I actually did more operating this year in the CW SS than I usually do.  I
got a late start-around 0300Z on Saturday night since my daughter was
competing in a gymnastics meet in Oklahoma City and that didn't even start
until 4:30pm.  Guess that is better than having to get up at 5:30am to get
there for an early meet!

Much of the time anymore I find it hard to get really motivated to go out
and work a bunch of US stations for a weekend.  Not sure why I was more
motivated other than I had a new (to me) once time top of the line radio-a
Kenwood TS950SD-and I wanted to see how it did in CW contest conditions, it
did just fine!  I also made it a personal goal this year to use only the
Novice bands for the contest, which was a nice challenge, and gave me
something to give me some more motivation.

I might not do much in the SSB portion.  When you are lower power without a
great antenna SSB contests can get pretty frustrating!

73 John AF5CC